Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Back to Reality

But not really.  I don't have school duties today because Emily is still off work.  I have been up early checking off things.  First thing was to do the maintenance request for that smoke detector.  It hasn't driven us crazy, but we haven't gotten used to it either.  Hopefully, the office will be back up and running this morning.  I have to go by and show the manager my State Farm rental insurance proof, although State Farm says they send an update every year.  I'll do that on my way to the library to pick up some books Emily asked me to request.  I bet since it's Wednesday, I won't get the Seattle Times today.

At 1:20, I have an appointment for a mammogram at Swedish in Issaquah.  I'm checking off my self-care items.  I got my medications refilled and ready for another 3 months.  I had the house call from my insurance company visiting nurse, and she gave me all sorts of suggestions that I may or may not take.  A good visit though.  Courtney is the same nurse who came last year, and she was very patient with Layla trying to walk all over her computer keyboard.

Some pictures from my visit from the girls Monday.  I keep planning to get rid of this little record player since it seems like they would have outgrown it, but who knew they would get such a thrill out of putting Fruit Snacks on the turntable.



I'm not sure what happened here, but this is Kate's stormcloud face.


A nice treat from Carol that arrived Monday also.   Not the sad apple.  She also was nice enough to send a box of Mama's things that wouldn't fit in the suitcase.  That dip was really good with peppers and cucumbers and some pita bread.  We're saving the lime straws until Emily and Ryan can have some.  



Emily and Ryan gave Elise and me a box of various coffee brands and flavors.  I'm not sure why Elise put them in a bowl, but it's pretty handy for poking around for your favorites.


Like this one!


Layla discovered her own playground when I brought the garlands in and packed them up.


A few pictures from Christmas.  This was a really cute game called Hedbanz.  Graysen gets how to ask questions to find out which card she has, but Katherine doesn't quite know how to get going with it yet.  Me either.  The one time I played, I totally had to give up on my card.


At one point, I heard Emily say, "Hey, girls, it doesn't matter if you don't like the animal you see," talking about a shark.  Katherine only wanted the dolphin card since she has an obsession with dolphins now in addition to cats.

They got a new Google Home thing (I think), and the girls love playing with it by saying, "Hey, Google, what sound does a dolphin make?"  Or a unicorn.  And dying laughing.  When they ask what sounds a baby makes, it gives different sounds, some laughing or gurgling and some crying and fussing.  I'm wondering if that's still a thing around their house or if the parents haven had enough and banned it.

My favorite gift that they got is whatever it is that lets me ask it to turn the thermostat up or down.  Win!  No more shivering because I don't want to mess with it.  

This Nest doorbell thing is also handy and was good for many happy times of ringing the doorbell and waving and jumping up and down.  I can't sneak up on them any more.


So many more Christmas memories, but I'll have to wait on those.

No comments:

Post a Comment