Thursday, January 3, 2019

All Day Rain

This was the best day ever to stay inside.  I thanked Emily many times for doing the school run this morning.  I'll miss her next week when she goes back to work.  My morning was spent either on the phone or on the computer taking care of all the loose ends I needed to.

The chirping smoke alarm got repaired early.  Alec came and stood only on the second step of his ladder.  His height has to be a plus in his job.  It took about 30 seconds, so now it's once more peaceful in the house.

Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and in the 50s, so it will be welcome, and I'll get out and get stuff done.  Our refrigerator is so empty.

This blurry picture is the only one I have of Graysen's new haircut.  It looks really cute and suits her so well.  I can't believe she let Emily cut it.


They got the tea set out and had a tea party with Scrabble letters and pompoms for the tea and sugar.  I'm glad they have good imaginations.  

Here's one of the obnoxious Pomsies that I got the girls.  I knew they were and gave them to them anyway, and they love them.  They make noises and have moods, and every once in awhile they play dance music, and you have to dance.  It's basically a cat head with a tail and no body.


In the foreground is a box of five boxes of slippers for Emily.  She has been trying to find a comfortable pair with an arch support and hasn't found any, so Ryan, being the good husband he is, gave her five pairs to try.  Surely one of them will work.  Elise gave me some red fur-lined ones that are just perfect.



This was the only thing Graysen asked Santa for.  A Barbie camper.  The little Lottie dolls fit in better than the Barbie they have, and they brought a canoe along.





And a tent and real campfire.  And a pan of hot dogs.



They got real watches in their stockings.  I wasn't sure that was a thing any more.  Regular watches.


Kate asked Santa for a Barbie car for her gift, mainly because Graysen asked her to.  She does love it, in spite of this picture.




They liked the treehouse too, thank goodness.  I hope they'll enjoy it and the little dolls.  Emily and I kind of wanted to play with them ourselves.





Here's a picture of Debby's Sophia when they went to GA to visit them, sitting with her dad Brent.  She's so precious.  It's hard to believe she'll be a year old next month. 




No comments:

Post a Comment