Sunday, November 4, 2018

End of Autumn

Pretty much the end of the beautiful red and orange leaves with all the wind and rain this weekend.  This is on our street Friday morning with the rain just starting.


It's still mild enough to walk around without a jacket, but there's a definite chill toward the end of the day.


Just half of this amazing Japanese maple is left.  This is its good side.

The back yard on Steller is over fall - just completely over it.  This maple tree is  beautiful in 3 seasons but it's looking a little wintery now.  It had way more leaves fall than I would have thought possible.


And this little Japanese maple didn't mess around.  One day the leaves were there, and the next, they were gone.

This was last November 3rd.   I had prepared myself not to be surprised at anything, but it's looking pretty good this year.


I notice I had a geranium last year too, but it's nothing compared to my monster one this year.  I can't even remember where I got this unless it was one day when we all went to Fred Meyer and got overexcited about spring and bought too many things.

I hardly remembered to water it, and it didn't care.  It just makes me happy. 


Even with the neglect a scraggly fuchsia that I saved from another pot has thrived.


We don't get a drop of rain on the balcony, and as much as it rains, there's a false sense of well-being, that your plants are getting enough water.  I've let more than a few things die that way.  To have a patio tomato, I pretty much have to water every day, and I do get tired of that.

I have Halloween pictures and even ones from my trip to Andalusia, but I'm not in the mood to write about them.    

I'm looking for a kitten and a car in no particular order.  I NEED a car, but I WANT a kitten.  I know which one will be easier to find.  


2 comments:

  1. How different our fall is this year from last year. I am loving all this sun shine we are getting. I wish I knew if I wanted a kitten or a puppy. I go back and forth in my thinking. Hope you find just the right kitty.

    Nonie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a beautiful fall, and we're not happy with this cold day today. When I'm not looking for a kitten, they're everywhere, and now I can't find one within comfortable driving distance. I want to order one from Amazon to my exact specifications and have next-day delivery. Ha. I'd love a puppy except for being in an apartment and thinking about all those cold mornings I would be trudging along with it. Maybe you could get one of each. That would be ideal!

    ReplyDelete