Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Leaves and Slugs








Kate was fascinated by this brown slug we saw.  She watched him going as fast as he could, and she said she was going to help him so he wouldn't get stepped on.

When she touched him, he turned into a turtle.  She said.




It was blustery all day but not cold until about 5:00 when Graysen showed me she could see her breath.  It's pouring and 44 degrees.  I'm going nowhere.

Tomorrow Graysen is going on her FIRST EVER SCHOOL BUS RIDE and is so excited.  They're going to Seattle to see The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and Emily is a parent volunteer.  If the timing works out for Emily to take Katherine to school, I'm going to snuggle in for the morning.

I'm making progress on cleaning out my garage and have been hauling around boxes and boxes of stuff to donate.  Yesterday I finally got to the YMCA where the Good Will truck parks Saturday through Monday.  What a relief to unload all that.  I've enjoyed talking to the drivers.  It can't be much fun sitting there hour after hour hoping someone will come by - or maybe hoping they won't.  I don't know.  The last one asked me if I were Australian because of my accent.  That's a first, I believe.  Yesterday there was a really nice young guy who was stationed in Savannah for awhile and then lived in Pensacola.  He and his wife are renting and trying to buy a house but running into the same problem as most people here.  Sky-high prices.  The median price per square foot of King County homes is $325.

This is what a million dollars will get you.  Three bedrooms, one bath, 1600 sq ft.  One million!  I think it's on the water - but still.

Single Family Home For Sale: 14565 6th Ave NE

Just fascinated by statistics for this area.  There are 255,000 children ages 1 to 9 in the county.  The median income for Snoqualmie is twice the rest of the country.  I probably really bring down the average!

Just rambling and enjoying being dry for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment