Friday, September 28, 2018

Froggy Morning


This view was amazing on the way to school this morning.  Katherine and I talked about fog for about 10 minutes, and when she got to school, she announced, "There's frogs on the mountain!"

She's willingly going into her class in the mornings now and calls all the kids her friends, although she only knows the names of two of them.



I took a wrong turn when I left Graysen's school this morning and saw such beautiful leaves that I went home that way after I dropped off Katherine.  I just wanted to keep driving.  This picture is about 2 blocks from home, so I'll get out and walk in the morning and enjoy it more.





It's an exciting day for Cascade View.  First, it's Spirit Day, and the kids are encouraged to wear clothing from their favorite teams PLUS they can wear caps all day long!  AND because they filled up the Marble Jar (good behavior maybe?) they get to have Movie and Candy Day.  Graysen's take on it, "Don't bring your candy from home because the teacher will have some.  We voted.  I voted for bring your favorite stuffy animal from home, but movies won.  But I'm glad."

Graysen wore one of her Auburn shirts, and we figure it will be the only one of it's kind.  Her next door neighbors said they are wearing their BYU shirts, and there will be hundreds of Tampa Bay ones, I'm sure.


Katherine was not happy about having to wear a T-shirt under her favorite kitty sundress and decided she would wear her owl coat - even though it's not raining or even especially cool.  The Paw Patrol hat finally got tossed down because she couldn't get it to cover her ears.  You just never know ...



Graysen still like to stand and survey the playground before she goes in for friends.  It won't be long before I can just drop her off from the car - but I'm treasuring her needing me to give her a kiss and three waves.


When Emily and Ryan decided to buy the house next door, part of the reason was the more livable floor plan.  Emily had long wanted a quiet place where she could work and read and just enjoy some quiet.  There are several spots in this house for her, but this is my favorite.


Weekend coming up fast.  

No comments:

Post a Comment