Wednesday, August 15, 2018

August Days

I really do need to write down what I do every day, because I'm having to really struggle to remember yesterday.  The Win-Bins returned from their trip and had a great time.  I have hundreds of pictures now but haven't had a chance to go through them and put them in a place where I can download some here.  The wedding was on a mountain, and the guests rode ski lifts to the site.  I told Emily it's a good thing I didn't go, because I would be staying behind!  She said it was even more fun coming down because your choices were a luge or a bumpy bus.  I almost wish I could have ridden a luge just to say I had done it and a ski lift too.



I believe that's Mt Hood in the background.  It's so beautiful.  Mike and I enjoyed seeing it when we moved up here and came through California and Oregon and then again from the air when we went to Palm Springs.  It's just breathtaking.

 I don't even know the bride and groom's names.  They were friends from South Dakota who moved to Portland separately and rediscovered each other.  I think.






I'm pretty sure no one had any more fun dancing than Katherine did.  The dresses were Christmas gifts from Rosanne and Lou and couldn't have been any more perfect.











I love this picture for so many reasons.  The death grip Graysen has on Katherine's neck; the view; Micah - I haven't seen him since Emily and Ryan's wedding in Atlanta in 2009.  And then trying to figure out Emily's and Graysen's arms.  Whose are whose?


So back to reality.  Monday Emily worked at home, and Graysen and I took Kate to school and went to the library.


She loves to put the books in the book drop and had a good many to return that I just couldn't read this time.


But we keep trying.  I see a few more for me to try.



I love going in on Monday morning and getting the free Seattle Times just so I can get the book reviews and the NY Times crossword puzzle out.  Keeping up Mike's traditions.  It made him so happy, that Monday morning trip - to get something free!  And, of course, to carry on with the librarians.  I go home and make a new list of books that sound good to request.  I think I overdid it this time, and they all came in at once.  I'm not much good at the crossword puzzle, but I'm giving it a try.  These are the things I miss most, sharing those Mondays.

We've been following the construction of the new hotel with interest since it was just a pile of dirt.  Most people on the Ridge were upset about cutting down all the trees for it, but I think it's needed, and it will have a beautiful view.


This is a mystery building that's going up next door to the hotel.  No one knows exactly what's going to go there but hopefully not another Starbucks.  I guess it's just going to be shops and a restaurant maybe.  I love the mountains and trees and all, but it sure is good to have that Safeway just a few blocks away instead of having to drive 10 miles to buy groceries.


Tomorrow Grandma and Grandpa Bindert are arriving to spend a week, so first thing this morning the girls were making them some welcome signs for their door.



Paw Patrol stickers or more Paw Patrol stickers.


Then they got dressed and we went to deliver more packages to the post office and went to the grocery store for a few things and then on to Nick-Donald's for our weekly trip.  We went to Ana's, the Mexican restaurant down the street from my apartment, but it was really expensive, and I don't think they enjoyed it as much as just picking up Happy Meals and milk shakes and taking them home.


This was on the corner at Twede's Cafe.  I wish I weren't driving, so I could take pictures of all the hanging baskets and pretty flowers in North Bend.


And the rest of the day went well.  The girls played nicely together and separately, and let me have a cup of coffee and maybe a small nap.  Then we read all the new library books and Graysen decided to fix my hair - Lella, the hair-doer.  It was worth it to hear the gales of laughter as she "styled" it.  I told her it didn't give me much confidence if she was going to laugh at her work.

Once the new grandparents get here, I get a week off, so maybe I'll get some reading done.  I've just about sold all those sewing magazines on Ebay that I found in the garage and have made around $125.  I may have already spent most of it on a pink Kindle Fire for the girls to use at my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment