Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Day 2 of the new year

After such a long period of non-babysitting and holiday doings, my first day of work came on my third alarm at 7:00.  First two are at 5:30 and 6:30, just so waking up at 7:00 is not such a shock.

It was really a good day:  Pancakes for breakfast and cheese cut in cat shapes.  The girls played surprisingly well all morning.  We decided to get out even though it was cold, so we did a lot of bundling up and went out for what I thought would be a brief walk.  Oops, something is missing.



We noticed some papers blowing around on the sidewalk in front of the house, so we went on a cleanup walk.  We found only that piece of paper, 2 plastic bags, and a straw wrapper and ended up at the trash can at the park - of all places.

Since it was so cold and kind of windy (although the sun was trying to shine), we had the park to ourselves except for a man throwing balls for his dog on the soccer field.  Graysen said, "That sun is brighting my eyes."




The girls had such fun and didn't seem to mind the cold.  At least the slides were dry.  I was miserable but hid it well, I think.  They got to run off some energy, so it was a good time for them.






After lunch, the girls put together puzzles on the floor.  When Kate went up for her nap/quiet time, Graysen and I were going to sew a little and let her work on ABC Mouse.  But she went into her room and spent 2 hours pulling down clothes and dressing up and playing with her dolls and just making the best mess.  I got some time to read and take a brief nap by the fire.  Good times.






Nice show of temper from Katherine at the end.  IT'S NOT FUNNY!



I think I forgot to post a picture of the only sewing I've done lately.  I found this lovely Christmas fabric and made these easy burrito-style pillowcases for Christmas.  I haven't taken a picture of them, but today I got this from the monitor during nap time.  Not very clear, but it reminded me I need to make them some more for other holidays and some with their names on them.

Grandma Bindert made the owl quilt on the bed.


Tomorrow won't be as much fun.  I have my annual checkup and have to buy groceries, but at least the weather should be nice.  


No comments:

Post a Comment