Friday, January 5, 2018

All Days are Good

I was going to try to write at least a sentence every day to keep up with our lives right now, but yesterday just didn't seem worth it.  Not that it was a bad day - far from it - it was just things I've documented before, and also Blogger.com does not let me download pictures from my phone.  Sigh.

Then I was lying in bed last night thinking about the day, and I realized that even on mundane days, there are so many good things.  Missing Mike every day is going to happen, and I just need to let it.  There's not one thing I can do to bring him back and have our lives like I used to, so I need to be more aware of the things that make me happy in the life I have now.  And there are many.

I thought about Graysen and me laughing so hard we could hardly breathe at a video where she was hit in the face by a swing.  Really!  When she saw the end where the swing hit her, she just howled with laughter, which made me laugh too, although I sure wasn't laughing at the time it happened.  Then she asked to see it over and over, and all 3 of us laughed a LOT.  It doesn't take much.

No children were injured in the making of this video.  It did hurt for a few minutes even though she laughed.



Gymnastics was fun.  She had a new friend from school join them.  This video is uneventful except that Emily noticed in the background that Kate was repeatedly saying, "I don't want Gracie to eat my lunch."



I think she was talking about her little bag of snacks she was consuming here.


It was so cold and windy afterwards that I didn't really want to go to the corndog place because you have to get out, but they really do love their Thursday outing.  I decided to be lazy and go to McDonald's in North Bend, the drive-through.  We have been there only twice, so it's still a thrill for them.  Graysen calls it Nick-Donald's.  Adding to the thrill of the Happy Meal was a Shopkins surprise inside.


We love them a lot and want to collect all of the sets.  Smart move, McDonald's.  I wonder if you can buy them without buying a Happy Meal.  Something to check into.  Next time, maybe we'll go to Issaquah where they have a playground.  These days with biting wind and rain are not going to see Mimi at an outdoor park huddling on a bench.

More positives:  It's Friday so an easy day.  I came home from delivering the girls to school, and Elise had just made a pot of coffee.  I sometimes enjoy watching TV in the mornings (sometimes not), so I'm doing this with The View on the background.  The guy who had a panic attack on air is talking about meditation.  I'm interested but haven't gotten into it.  Emily swears by it and really wants Elise and me to get into it.

She shared this link about mindfulness in children with me, and it's really great to read and digest these things and then put them into practice.  Em is the best mother for tuning in to her children's feelings and allowing them to discuss them and find alternatives for anger and sadness.

Every day that passes is one day closer to spring.

People are just NICE here.  I've met a few mothers since I'm always at school or gymnastics, and they are so sweet to include a Mimi.  I love talking and laughing with them and learn a lot from them.

Graysen and even Katherine are really interested in reading, and I'm about to request some good books from the library.  And some more for me.  I can't stand to run out!

I'm doing well on keeping up with my daily planner, taking my pills, and writing in my gratitude journal.  Small steps but hopefully the start of good habits.  Mindfulness - just keeping my mind on what's important.





No comments:

Post a Comment