Saturday, December 23, 2017

The Gingerbread Men Ran Away - for Real

Rooster Valley Farm School!  I can't say enough about it.  This is Graysen's second year, and she has never NOT wanted to go in that front door and is usually jumping with excitement before I leave.


Gingerbread week was so great I wanted to post some pictures and try to capture that excitement.

One morning when I walked in, I saw this - all the little tables with each person having their own rolling pin and chunk of gingerbread.


I was a kindergarten aide for 2 years, and I just cannot imagine doing this kind of thing with 4 and 5-year-olds.

They each made a gingerbread house, and that was fun and yummy.





But the gingerbread men and women.  Such fun.  They rolled them out and decorated them and popped them in the oven.



I don't think anyone expected Ms Tricia to open the oven door and find them gone!



They did leave notes though on where to find them.  The first clue was to go to the barnyard and look near Wilbur the pig.



There they found another note telling them to go to the Shell station on the next block where they found another clue.



 I'm a little vague on the rest of the notes, but I see from pictures that they visited a hardware store and crossed the street to check out the big wheel (which I need to learn more about!).






Ultimately, they ended up in the candy store where those runaway gingerbread people had landed in cups of ice cream.  Graysen admitted she was a little afraid that her girl was going to run away AGAIN and felt much better when she had eaten her!





 

Christmas is almost here.  Elise and I are babysitting for Emily and Ryan to get their last few grocery items for our dinner tomorrow night.  We're responsible for appetizers - sausage balls and dill dip with veggies.  With freezing rain expected tomorrow afternoon and snow during the night, I'm a little worried about getting back and forth on Christmas morning.  Emily reminded me that Ryan is from South Dakota and he'll get us over here.  Somehow, that doesn't reassure me as much as it should!  


Christmas Eve Eve tea party.


No comments:

Post a Comment