Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Busy Times

Nothing really exciting to talk about.  Just the usual busy weekdays and some weekend fun too.

The weather is cooler with rain sometimes but not miserable yet.  The bright sunny days are worth waiting for, and we treasure them.  One morning, just as we got to school, the pouring rain changed to little bits of hail while we were walking in.  Then by the afternoon the sun was out, and the girls were able to enjoy the afternoon outside playing in the leaves and digging and cooking.

I have very few pictures of things we did - just didn't have my phone handy or didn't remember.  I have to depend on the ones other people send me.

We did go to Remlinger Farms last weekend.  This is a really neat place not too far from us in Carnation, WA.  There seems to be a lot more to it than what we saw.  I'd like to go back again and visit the market and just look around.  We loaded up the car and drove with a lot of singing and excitement to "get pumpkins."  The event we went to was very well organized with plenty of parking and a close walk from the car to the pumpkins.  Each child under a certain age got to pick one to take home.  After that, we ate lunch.  There were hamburgers and hot dogs being cooked, and it smelled delicious.  We loaded our plates and headed to the picnic area.  On the way, Graysen ran into two of her school friends, and we stopped to chat with them and meet other family members.  So sweet.

After the lunch, we went to the amusement park, and for me, it was very nice, sitting on the bench with all the "stuff" and sometimes Kate while the others rode the roller coaster and pumpkin rides.  Kate rode the pumpkin one too.  We met up with Jessica, Chad, Paige, and James, and that was more fun to have friends along.  They went through the hay maze and petting zoo and bouncy house and whatever else the girls wanted to do.

Emily enjoyed the rides a lot more than the children, I think.  Behind them are all the Kilbournes.




Sweet best friends - Paige and Graysen.




Sunday afternoon I was invited to a Halloween tea party.  With sparkly pumpkins, spider tablecloth, and a real china tea-set.


Emily and the girls had made and decorated some cookies earlier.


Katherine was napping for the first part, but Graysen and her mom LOVE a good tea party.  They chose black dresses and shoes to start with, but Graysen decided the weather called for a sundress.  As long as you have on the right jewels.







Yesterday we went to North Bend to the home of friends so Graysen and Brooklyn could spend some time playing away from school.  I think they had a really good time - we never heard them the whole time - and Carrie and I spent some time having grownup time.  I was disappointed that I didn't take pictures, but I solved that.  I went to Carrie's FB page and stole some.

Their house is in a beautiful setting with a creek running through the back yard and huge tress surrounding it.  Here is the front entry, and the inside is decorated for fall and so cozy and welcoming.


This is Brooklyn and Reuben.  While the older girls played, Kate stayed close by me because a 72-pound dog trying to lick you is a little scary.  The peanut butter and pretzels on her hands kept him pretty interested in her.  Reuben asked for and got lots of loving from me though.  Those eyes!


It was such a good visit, and I hope we will make time to do it again.  

It's THIS kind of day today, drippy and gray, but still beautiful.  We're supposed to have storms this week, so I'm glad I got me some serious rain boots.  



Now that the new Safeway and other stores are finished, work has started on a new 5-story hotel.  Little town is growing, and I don't mind a bit of convenience.  The view is still beautiful all around us, and it's nice to have a grocery store a couple of blocks away instead of 10 miles away.





I like to try to take a few pictures when I can to send Emily at work.  The girls were cheerful and excited this morning.  Graysen is always excited to get to school, and Kate actually said good-bye to us this morning without crying or being sad.  Makes me happy!



They love to pick the white berries at school (snow berries, we call them) and throw them mindlessly.  Whatever gives them a thrill!








I have just a couple of hours left of my free day to enjoy listening to the rain and reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment