Friday, June 30, 2017

Modeling July Dress

It would be hard to find a more perfect dress to embroider than this one.  Thanks again to Aunt Kathy & Uncle Alan for such a nice gift.  


The back is so interesting and cute.  She loves it a lot, and it was hard to get her to put on another outfit for playing.



Katherine heard me say, "Let me see your back" and sidled up to me in her own version of style.  Straight from playing in the water in her diaper to wearing a jacket.


She wanted me to take a picture of the little horse Aunt CeCe took her to the beach. 


I can't believe June is gone.  We're finally having some nice warm days.  Ryan put in my window fan, but I haven't needed it every day.  I like having a cool balcony to sit on even though the plants could probably use a little more sunshine.  I have my first little baby tomato.

We played outside all morning, mainly in the water.  Who has time to go find swimsuits?









Earlier in the week, I took both girls with me to run some errands.  They're so well-behaved and polite.

I let them pick one toy, and they decided on some light-up braided balls.  Graysen briefly tried out this caterpillar.


 He had a cute face, but Katherine wasn't fooled.  One touch, and she was through with that caterpillar.



Time to Leave


This atrocious unicorn was sooo beautiful to Graysen.


Owl was one of Graysen's first animals, and now Katherine loves him best of all.




It's Friday afternoon, and I'm looking forward to a couple of days of sewing.  Since Katherine is not with us this afternoon, Graysen can play with this spirited pony.  Kate is terrified of him and won't even go in the playroom is she sees him.  This was another beach gift from cousins Sherry and David since it was so popular with their grandchildren in Florida.



Sadly, we lost a cousin this week in Fort Walton Beach, FL.  Bobby, who was 3 years younger than me, was also Debby's step-brother.  We got a chance to visit with him a couple of months ago, and I'm glad we did.  He's been sick awhile, but we thought he was doing better.

This was taken a few years ago when we stopped by to see him at work at North Florida Ballet Academy.  He was known for his beautiful photographs of the dancers and productions and his art work.  The school mascot, Mr. Pants.


Here are a few cousin pictures of us growing up.  Carol, Mike, Bobby, and me.



And another one with our grandmother.  Sherry, me, Mike, and Bobby with Debby in front.


My grandmother babysit for most of us, so we all grew up together and have a lot of memories.

Another loss not in my immediate family but in extended family.  My niece Robin's mother-in-law died today, and she will leave so many people who loved her.  I didn't know Shirley well, but the few times I met her, I felt like I had known her forever.  This is a picture of her and her son Joe Wesson.

She always had a smile on her face when I was around her and will certainly be missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment