Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Fun Mornings

On Monday, Mike and I both went over and babysat while Ryan went fishing, and today I went by myself until around lunch time when Mike came just in time to carry a sleeping baby upstairs and feed Graysen her lunch.

These are some pictures from yesterday and today - just dumped my camera onto the page.

This was a teasing thing with Graysen pretending she couldn't walk down the stairs by herself.  It may have had something to do with my getting Kate dressed and carrying her downstairs.




She's beginning to look like a 3-year-old now for sure.

 Pop-pop handling two hungry girls.  I think I was enjoying a cup of coffee.








Graysen had gone probably 30 minutes without squeezing Kate's little feet, and I think this was about to happen.





She's not big on lunch lately, at least what I had to offer her.


Graysen is 99% sweet and charming, but she does have her 1% of pouting time or rebelling.



Looks like I have a dirty spot on my lens.

Nap time, complete with piles of books, blankets, and friends - and one Cinderella glove.  It's a sweet cuddling time.  She has a bookcase full of books but since we've been up here, the only book she wants for nap time is the Nutcracker book.  Not the story of the Nutcracker but the program from the ballet that she went to.  We have to look at every page, including the ads and behind-the-scene pictures.  She never gets tired of it and exclaims every time I turn the page, even if it's just a picture of a box of cupcakes.  She usually goes to sleep and sleeps for 4 hours or more.
 

This was the Tuesday morning scene.  Clothing is optional if left up to Ryan and Mike.


And pajamas work just fine without being snapped at all.  In fact, it probably helps the jumping go better.










After a good breakfast of cereal, applesauce, and some sweet potato/barley/something, Kate's ready for a bottle and sleep.





When we left about 12:30, both girls were sound asleep, and we headed home to take a few boxes down to the garage.

I wish I could say things were straight in the apartment, but it seems like the closer we get to getting one room done, we keep on dragging out more boxes and having to find places for them all.  

I went around the other day and took pictures of all the crammed in things and hoped that would make me work on organizing them.  The first thing I tackled was the pantry.  It's a nice-sized area and much needed in this tiny kitchen.

As we unpacked, I just crammed things in without much thought - and got a little depressed.



Once everything was out, we could try and figure it all out.  It helps that we don't have much food bought yet!


I need to get some cute labels to put on all these baking canisters.  Some are empty right now.


It's a good place to relieve the regular cabinets of some baking dishes and things.  I probably won't be using half of these, but it's hard to let them go quite yet.




I have plans for this space, and hopefully it will be here tomorrow.  It's a slide-in set of shelves that I hope will work for handling some spices and cans or cleaning supplies.


One of the few casualties of the move was my old friend, the Keurig.  It's served me well - Mike drinks only Taster's Choice.
 Three mornings last week, Mike walked down to a coffee shop and brought back a couple of cups of coffee that lasted me all day.  I think he just enjoyed having the girl ask him if he had a fun day planned.

Any coffee is better in my cat cup from Debby.


I might be brave enough to post some more house pictures tomorrow, although we did nothing today except move a bed 90 degrees to make more room in the guest room/playroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment