Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Big Girl

This is supposed to post after the one I wrote today, but I can't figure all that out.

I'm not sure I can take all this growing up so fast.  Emily and Ryan must have a lot of patience to encourage this balancing and bike riding by Graysen.  When Mike mentions how good it is for a 31-month-old, it sounds very precocious.  She's obviously pleased with herself - and should be.






If that weren't enough, she's now allowed Daniel Tiger and various other books and rewards to convince her of the satisfaction of abandoning her diaper.  Sometimes.

Another thing we've all kind of embraced - because how to you fight such cuteness - is the princess and ballerina phase.  When we was first knew Graysen was going to be a girl, Emily and I were talking about how the princess dressing up was so ridiculous and silly popular and how we felt sure this little girl would have too many other interests to dwell on being a princess.

But it came anyway - in the form of Disney books and toys the Christmas before she was 2.  This picture is very telling.


When we were up there for Kate's birth, we read "The Littlest Mermaid" several times a day and watched the video a couple of times a week.


Then it was Cinderella, Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty, and a few others I can't remember.

So for Halloween, she has decided she wants to be Cinderella.  Not a ballerina with numerous tutus and leotards available - but only Cinderella.

So I'm doing what a good Mimi does and tackling a costume.  It's definitely out of my comfort zone, all that glittery tulle and Sassy Satin and even "diamonds" to go down the front.




I'm just glad she didn't choose to be a mermaid.

No comments:

Post a Comment