Sunday, June 7, 2015

It's finally summer in Washington

When I left Alabama, it was already hot, humid, and sunny, but here it has been mainly overcast.  Hardly any rain but just cool cloudy days, especially in the mornings, although midday and afternoons are perfect.  But yesterday, real summer came.

To celebrate, Emily, Graysen, and I had a picnic on the deck.  Grapes and cheese and leftover Greek salad.



Griff enjoyed it too, especially with the hope of getting a taste of strawberry yogurt popsicle.  Gracie likes lemonade popsicles best of all - LOVES them - and is not crazy about the yogurt ones, but she carries it around until it melts.

Once she went down for her nap, Emily and I headed out on our own little adventure.  So exciting to get away for a few hours.

First we stopped at Starbucks and got an iced coffee, and then went to Value Village, a really nice thrift shop in Issaquah, in hope of finding Gracie some outdoor toys, but we struck out.

We then went to Fred Meyer.  


I had been here before and liked it.  It's a grocery store and home store, etc., sort of like a nice Wal-Mart with a greenhouse and plant section.  Just look at these beautiful plants.  Good prices too.



Emily and Ryan have 3 big pots on the front porch, and this is what we got to put in the middle of 2 along with lots of herbs and some annuals.

Baby K slept without a peep through all the plant shopping and grocery shopping.  This was in the greenhouse, and she was getting a little warm - but still sleeping.



The simplest toys are the best.  We got Gracie this bag of dinosaurs, not even knowing if she knew what one was.  She loved them so much and spent a lot of time organizing them and whispering about them.




Then we took them outside with a bowl of water, and she washed and played and then washed a little more.



The giant bottle of bubbles was a big hit too.  It's so frustrating, though, to want to blow a bubble, but your whoosh just doesn't get there, so Mama and Mimi have to do it.


Stomping them is still a lot of fun.








Ryan grilled hamburgers while Emily did some side dishes, and I had the terrible job of holding Katherine for as long as I wanted to.  She slept no matter what direction I moved her and is just so beautiful and perfect.  It was impossible to take a good picture of someone that close, but it didn't stop me from trying.








3 comments:

  1. What wonderful pictures and memories. G looks so grown up and I just saw her a few months ago. She's changing so fast. I can't wait to meet baby K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful pictures and memories. G looks so grown up and I just saw her a few months ago. She's changing so fast. I can't wait to meet baby K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you and David should just head west and come this way. Graysen IS just changing right before my eyes and amazes me with what she learns. You definitely have to watch what you say when she's around. She's now learned the word, "weird," and seems to use it in appropriate places. The first time I heard it, she was poking holes in a piece of cheese on the deck rail (instead of eating it).

    ReplyDelete