Monday, August 16, 2010

Another New Week (added pictures)

Well, no sewing pictures, although I did get caught up with my day gown lesson 2. The pale blue didn't show up too well, but I'll try again when I have time. This session was fun, the pleated sleeves and French seams, and it turned out so well - finally. When Jeannie says to put a marker to tell you the back and front of the fabric, she's serious. I love this Mary Englebright picture she has on her blog today.


This is more like it.

My Texas vine is finally about to glorify the fence and wheelbarrow and trash can, and everything else around it. I'm not sure why it took so long to bloom unless I didn't understand its blooming patterns and pruned it too early. It seems to be a late August bloomer.

Darby looking to see what's going on on the other side of the fence.



Mama spent last week in Birmingham, and when my niece Robin and her husband Joe brought her home, they stopped at Durbin Farms up in peach country and brought these.

Beautiful.

But so many. Looks like I'll be freezing some since we'll never eat this many.

Robin and Joe stayed for a visit, and it was so nice to have the time to just sit back and talk - and talk and talk. They're just up the road in Prattville, so I hope we can do it again soon. They love cats, and Mama was pretty upset that her cat Molly (aka Stella) ignored her to swoon over the newcomers. We had a photo session last night. She poses well but refuses to smile or even look pleasant, but she's a good subject.









And then there's Mississippi Cat. Well.

Not much in looks but purrs loudly and often.

Today is the first day of the work pay period, and it's always good to get a new start. I keep telling myself. I have 13 months and 2 weeks until retirement hopefully.

But more importantly, 7 days until Debby and I take our little trip to the beach. I can use another couple of days of this....

I bought a $29 printer at Target for my work computer.

I don't care about quality of the print as long as it works, so we'll see. Now I'm having to send everything that needs to be printed to my personal computer - if possible - and printing it there. Fingers crossed I can understand it and that it works.

It does! Easy as pie.

Except it didn't come with a USB cable, but I went digging in my box of discarded you-never-know-when-you-might-need-it electronics box and found a bright blue one. I also need a table for it, but it's fine, if a little shaky, on these shelves.

Who knows. My monster Dell that eats $65 cartridges may have lost its place of honor.


My father-in-law and I were just talking about how not too many years ago we never even dreamed of owning our own copier, and printers were not that cheap. Now the 3-in-1's even are almost disposable.

I'm not recommending this printer. Time will tell whether it's actually any good. I know if it works at all, it will solve my problem, but there's a chance it will make nice photos and color copies too.

No comments:

Post a Comment