Friday, February 26, 2010

Interesting - Maybe Boring

Several times a week, our company's Nola (can't think of her title) send us emails with things that will make our job easier - web sites for terms and surgical instruments, city and hospital web sites, grammar helps - and since we're expected to have a 99% correct report every time, we appreciate these.

I almost didn't open the semicolon email because I didn't really think I needed to know anything new about a semicolon. I'm glad I didn't miss it.

The choice of sample sentences is a little strange, but I'm sure all of us remember having to make up sentences or helping our children make up interesting sentences using spelling words and punctuation. It was quite entertaining, and I took up some time I was supposed to be working to look at theoatmeal.com, the web site where this came from.

Some of the language on a few of the subjects is not to my liking, but you can pick and choose which ones you look at. My favorites: How To Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting To Kill You. I scored 89% probability that mine is. I also liked 15-ish Things to Know about Coffee (speaking of goats). And there are more pages I didn't have time for.


A good time-waster, but it looks like fun, and I might learn something. I've already learned that Isaac Newton invented the cat flap door (and I'll be eternally grateful to him) and that a cat's collar bones are not attached to other bones, allowing them to squeeze through small spaces.


Kitty from Littlefield has a hard life.

No comments:

Post a Comment