Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Trudging Along

I feel like I'm walking in quicksand as far as getting anything accomplished. Looks like the cold weather would perk me up, but instead it makes me just want to curl up and stay warm.

I am almost through with the book Twilight. Maybe it's my age, but I'm not seeing what there is to be so thrilled about. I can definitely put it down, and when I do read it, I'm kind of speed reading. Too much description of the perfection of the vampire guy. Doubt I'll read any of the others in the series after this. I think it's a series. The audio book is much better. It's The Rottweiler by Ruth Rendell, one of my favorite British authors. I like her writing, although I don't think she's written anything lately, and it was nice seeing one I haven't listened to. Mostly mysteries, which is not my favorite type of book, but she makes it interesting.

It will be nice to meet Barbara for lunch and a visit to Kudzu Blossom. I should be able to resist buying anything this time, considering the piles of projects I have waiting for me to work on. Bet I'll see some pretty things though. Barbara is going to start the Civil War Quilt to do this year. If I remember my camera, there should be some nice pictures later this afternoon.

Just time for a cup of coffee and starting to work. But I did write something today.

No comments:

Post a Comment