Friday, December 11, 2009

Mr. Windham Goes to Washington

Issaquah, that is, and has the pictures to prove it. Here's the link in case that one doesn't work: http://picasaweb.google.com/windham.mike

I think everyone had a great time, and I'm glad it worked out for them.

I can't wait to go myself. Except I might not hike, rain or no, and I know I won't eat raw oysters. I bet we can find things to do. I believe that area of Washington is full of quilt shops.

I shamelessly steal photographs from Karen's FB page. She says she doesn't mind, and I had to have this one.




The gingham angel was bought in 1974 I believe, when we were living in Geneva. One of the best Christmases ever. We bought our tree in Samson, and brought it home in the back of the Vega with all four of us crowded into the front seat. Gray was 3 and Elise 14 months, and the excitement was unbelievable. Visits to Santa. Gingerbread cookies hanging on the tree - with little teeth marks all over them. Learning Christmas songs. What good memories. I remember surreptitiously crocheting the 3 bears complete with clothes that no one ever really liked. I think the kids were scared of them. I still have one in the attic I think. So ugly. What made me think they were cute?

Griff just goes along with whatever his humans decide to do to him. Such a good boy.



However... If the time comes when I have a grandson, no one, and that includes Ryan, should object to him wearing smocked outfits.

Time to take Mama out for her annual Christmas shopping. She picks Friday afternoon 2 weeks before Christmas. I think we may come to regret this. I'm taking my camera.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THAT ANGEL!!!! Oh my goodness! Of course, I love all things gingham (and polka dots) so I'm a little partial.
    Hope that the shopping went well. Prayers for you! ha!

    ReplyDelete