Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Chatting With Shamsudheen

I finally got the courage to look at my Visa charges on line tonight and noticed a $49.99 charge for a Norton update. I knew what happened, one of those automatic updates, but I didn't feel like I'd get it refunded. When I got my new computer, it had McAfee on it, and Norton is not even installed. I went to the web site, and the only way to talk about a refund was the Live Chat.

This is how the first few exchanges went:

Chat ID: 46bf9a43-5a97-45e6-85ba-ea471004c78b
Problem : I have a new computer that was installed with another virus protection. I noticed I received an update on Norton in March, but since I'm no longer using it,I'd like to get a refund.

Shamsudheen: You are being transferred to Shamsudheen.
Shamsudheen: Welcome to Norton Support, my name is Shamsudheen, Can I please have a minute to go through the information you have provided?

Mrs. Becky Windham: sure

Shamsudheen: Hi Becky , I understand that you received an update of Norton but you are not using Norton product right now and want the refund .Am I correct ?


He/she then wanted my email address, but he couldn't find my information. I had to go all the way back to when we lived in Columbus and retrieve that address. After probably 45 minutes total and putting me on hold twice to "dig through my information" and after many Free Cell games, I finally got this:

Shamsudheen: Thank you
Shamsudheen: I would like to inform you that now I processed the refund that has been charged on 25-Mar-2009 for an amount of $ 49.99 . The refunded amount will be credited back to you within 2 to 3 business days .

I'm sleepy, but I saved $50 tonight. Every little bit helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment